Been working with one of my favorite field folks, Caroline Williams and one of the new community stars, Larry Guger to bring more VSTS Events into the area and they have created the Portland VSTS Big Event – and have asked me to come along and do one of the presentations…I fact paced tour of TFS Tips and Tricks!
Please join us for this FREE unique, invitation-only event to discover how both product and processes help your organization succeed in today’s environment. We will explore how Team System assists teams across the board to be successful in today’s tough times. This “break through” event will not only provide you with best practices around development and testing, but will demonstrate key capabilities of both Visual Studio Team System 2008 and the upcoming 2010 release. It’s a day that promises to have something for everyone!
Team System Big Event Agenda
- Test Driven Development: Improving .NET Application Performance & Scalability by Larry Guger
- This session will demonstrate how to leverage Test Driven Development in Team System. We’ll highlight both writing unit tests up front as well as creating test stubs for existing code.
- "It Works on My Machine!" Closing the Loop Between Development & Testing by Larry Guger
- In this session, we will examine the traditional barriers between the developer and tester; and how Team System can help remove those walls.
- Treating Databases as First-Class Citizens in Development by Larry Guger
- Team System Database Edition elevates database development to the same level as code development. See how Database Edition enables database change management, automation, comparison, and deployment.
- Architecture without Big Design Up Front by Larry Guger
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2010 Architecture Edition, introduces new UML designers, use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams that can visualize existing code, layering to enforce dependency rules, and physical designers to visualize, analyze, and refactor your software. See how VSTS extends UML logical views into physical views of your code. Learn how to create relationships from these views to work items and project metrics, how to extend these designers, and how to programmatically transform models into patterns for other domains and disciplines.
- Development Best Practices & How Microsoft Helps by Caroline Williams
- Sometimes development teams get too bogged down with the details. Take a deep breath, step back, and re-acquaint yourself with a review of current development best practice trends, including continuous integration, automation, and requirements analysis; and see how Microsoft tools map to those practices.
- "Bang for Your Buck" Getting the Most out of Team Foundation Server by ME!!
- Today’s IT budgets are forcing teams to do as much as they can with as little as possible. Why not leverage Team Foundation Server to its full potential? In this session we’ll highlight some capabilities of TFS that you may or may not already know about to help you maximize productivity.
Welcome: 8:00 AM
Seminar: 8:30-5:00 PM
Microsoft Portland Office
10260 SW Greenburg Road
Suite 600 Portland Oregon 97223
To Register by Phone – Call 1.877.MSEVENT (1.877.673.8368) with invitation code.
PS - This event is Free!