The Unity Application Block (Unity) is a lightweight, extensible dependency injection (DI) container. It facilitates building loosely coupled applications and provides developers with the following advantages:
· Simplified object creation, especially for hierarchical object structures and dependencies;
· Abstraction of requirements; this allows developers to specify dependencies at run time or in configuration and simplify management of crosscutting concerns;
· Increased flexibility by deferring component configuration to the container;
· Service location capability; this allows clients to store or cache the container.
· Community Forum: http://codeplex.com/unity