Playing with Visual Studio 2008 Database Edition i ran into the error:
You have insufficient permissions to create the database project. For more information see the product documentation
I remember in Visual Studio 2005 running under Admin was required for Windows Vista but we shouldn't be needed in Visual Studio 2008!
After a little sleuth work turns out Gert aka Data Dude already has a post on this exact topic!
To summarize his post you need to do the following:
- The user needs a SQL Server login
- The SQL Server login needs to be a member of the build-in dbcreator role
- The SQL Server login needs to be a member of the build-in securityadmin role
- The SQL Server login needs to have the VIEW SERVER STATE privilege granted
- If running 2005 SP1, Grant the public group execute rights to the sp_detach_db procedure