The folks in Redmond (corp) have asked me to deliver an internal best practices session on engaging with community.(yes, i 'think' they emailed the right person...)
Since this is a community session; it would be negligent to not let the community do my work for me er i mean add input.
I will take input on any topic but desperately need it in two areas:
- In the developer space, what things are we doing well and what would you like to see us do differently? (i can almost hear Nick and Brian dialing now (g))
- What responsibilities would your ideal Microsoft Advocate have? (i.e. When Norbert goes to replace Chuck in Feb what type of person should he be looking for)
I am also having challenges with the title of my session.
Below are 10 thoughts i have had thus far:
- 3 Easy steps to the happiest developers in the world
- Living Large in Australia
- Fishing and Diving your way to the top
- Community: Getting other people to do your job
- Feeling the love downunder style
- Ozzie Rules Evangelism
- Spreading the word downunder
- Evangelist? –Can I be a Ninja next time we play?
- *Number #1 Dev Sat, DE of the year, Love Guru, 2 CSI awards and 2 CPE awards can’t be wrong
- **I really love you guys
*Sorry I just don’t think i have the ego to pull this one off
**Probably not in touch with my feminine side enough for this one
Oh yeah Happy 4th of July!!!