I just recieved an email from my blog that echoed a question i recieved 4 or 5 times at the ISV Summit: (shorted version)
We are currently a Delphi software house that has just decided to go .NET. We currently develop a Win32 app that uses paradox for a DB. The DB will be changing to SQL 2005. We have 13 developers and 8 QA. How can we take advantage of the partner program to keep our change over costs to a minimum?
The answer is the Empower program. This program assists development houses move to a certified partner level and incorporates a MSDN Universal Subscription and 5 user licenses at the special Microsoft Empower membership fee of AUD$875.00 for one year. See below for additional benefits.
One of the ISV Summit attendees even argued this program is not available in Australia, rest assured it most certanly is! (Despite the link above being to the US site)
So if you are an ISV looking to move to Microsoft tools – be sure and join today!
Microsoft Empower offers these benefits:
Up to five (5) software licenses (for internal use):
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Office XP (Premium or Developer Edition) or Microsoft Office 2003
One (1) software license and up to five (5) Client Access Licenses (CALs) for:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003
Development and Testing License: One (1) MSDN Universal Subscription and five (5) user licenses*
- One (1) MSDN Universal Media kit (DVD)
- Each MSDN Premium Subscription includes the full range of Microsoft Windows Server System integrated server software, all Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft productivity applications (Office Developer Edition, Microsoft Project, FrontPage, Visio, and MapPoint), as well as access to SDKs, DDKs, and the MSDN Library. Each subscription also gives you priority access to new product releases, updates, and betas through the MSDN Downloads site.
- Five (5) licenses to Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition. Up to five (5) users, concurrent with development and testing licenses provided with the MSDN Premium Subscription, may use Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition.
* MSDN Universal Subscriptions for ISV Empower members do not include any phone-based incident support.
MSDN Online Managed Support Newsgroup (English Only)
Ask software, hardware, and related technology questions in the Microsoft Support Professionals supported newsgroups.
MSDN Online Concierge Trial (English Only)
This service helps users find articles and resources within MSDN. It is available worldwide and provides real-time responses.
ISV Advisory Service – 10 Hours
- This new phone-based consultative service helps Microsoft solutions partners develop applications using Microsoft technologies. Select from a broad range of services including ad hoc development advice and best practice recommendations, as well as code samples and limited technology architecture or application design reviews.