Eric Deily Program Manager for IIS 7.0 is coming out for TechEd Australia and has graciously agreed to come up to Brisbane for walk through of IIS 7.0. IIS 7.0 is taking the next big step in terms of extensibility, unification with ASP.NET, improved diagnostics, and a new admin user interface and configuration system. Here are some of the great new features in IIS 7.0 that Eric will be covering in his session:
· Modularized Webcore allows you to add and remove functionality based on your needs. If you only want to serve static content, you need only a few modules (and not ISAPI, for example).
· A unified HTTP pipeline for native and managed applications alike. You’ll be able to use forms-based authentication for classic ASP pages.
· You can build your own IHttpModule and IHttpHandlers, and plug them into the unified pipeline.
· A new, distributed XML configuration system that takes advantage of ASP.NET’s configuration system.
· Improved diagnostics and troubleshooting, including new runtime state and tracing features.
· A new, extensible, task-oriented admin user interface.
The session will conclude with Shannon Lewis, a Solution Architect with Data#3, walking through how IIS plays a critical role in Data#3’s Solutions Infrastructure. Shannon will walk through the Solutions Infrastructure, which is built on Microsoft Enterprise Library and provides a working Enterprise Architecture, and discuss why organisations need to consider best practice standards, processes, patterns and infrastructure to accelerate the development of high quality applications.
To register please see:
Note If you are an ISV in Queensland and would like to be invited to more of these free technology events be sure and join Queensland .NET www.queenslanddotnet.com.au.
If you need any additional details feel free to contact Charles Sterling at: email@example.com or 0405179872