Per my last Ximage post i was going to sysprep the OS and create a new Image...Unfortunately it didn't go well at all.
- I sysprepped the OS on the partition i wanted to replicate (Sysprep /Reseal)
- Booted a drive that could run Ximage
- Created an image of the partition that had just been syprepped (replacing the old one) and applied that image to a new drive
- Booting from this drive started an instance of Windows asked my name etc (looking good so far)
- About 3 of these questions in the computer simply reboots (no warning, nothing)
- Going back to the original hard drive i had created the Image from gave me the same behaviour -ARGHHHH
- Sysprep and munched the Windows install!!!!!
So I was left the joy reinstalling Windows, IIS, SQL, Sharepoint, TFS, Office, VSTS (6 hours), changing the Userinit Reg setting and Finally and creating a new image (~2 hours)
But this time the image worked AND Windows Booted- No Unattended XML, No Sysprep just changing the Userinit Reg setting -yeah!!!
I have now done a Windows XP and Windows Server Machine with the only issues being i didn't partition the drives so the drive letters do not agree so several applications are unhappy - I am hoping booting mounting the drive from another computer and reassigning the original drive letters will help.