I just arrived back from the RIT career fair. Thanks everyone that stopped by our booth! I think very highly of the school, especially now that I’ve had a chance to visit and interact with some of the students.
Here are some tips for those of you approaching Microsoft at a career fair:
- Be prepared! If you’ve checked out our college website before visiting, it demonstrates that you’ve done your research before visiting. This will help you figure out what kind of Microsoft position you’d like, and we’ll be able to spend precious face time on more specific items that will help you stand out.
- Be unique! It’s frustrating to hear many students talk about projects from the same required course. If you tell us about a school project, mention something *unique* that you did to take it to the next level.
- Be ready to think! It’s not uncommon that we ask quick technical questions. You have been warned. 🙂
- If you’d like an extra giveaway, then please drop by near the *end* of the career fair.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for quick career advice! We had some first and second year students do exactly that, and I was impressed.
Career fairs should be fun for everyone- bring a smile, and have some fun with it!