I found this information on getting started in Azure, and thought it was a great follow up to Bill Zack’s video training kit!
What is the Azure™ Services Platform? It is an Internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers, which provides an operating system and a set of developer services that can be used individually or together. It reduces the need for up-front technology purchases, and it enables developers to quickly and easily create applications running in the cloud using their existing skills.
Now that you know what it is, we want to give you resources to try out the cloud!
- Get a Windows Azure account – http://bit.ly/azureaccountsignup
- What is Azure” 4 min video – http://bit.ly/WhatisAzurePlatform-C9
- Windows Azure Training kit- http://bit.ly/AzureTrainingKit
- How to Deploy Azure App video- http://bit.ly/DeployAzureApps
- Interoperability SDKs – http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/default.aspx
- Sample projects to review – codeplex.com, search “azure”
- Code samples & snippets – code.msdn.com, search azure
- Start-ups – microsoft.com/bizspark
- The vibrant online community – https://channel9.msdn.com/azure
- Azure user groups – http://www.azureusergroup.com
Now that you have all the resources, you can create cloud computing projects and upload them to the Microsoft Pinpoint marketplace. The marketplace will allow you to showcase your products and services to the people who need them the most. Click Here To Get Started Today!