So, you are getting this error too? Here is the fix:
- Uninstall Guidance Automation Extensions if you have them already installed (note that you will have to uninstall everything that depends on it too)
- Open Cmd.exe as an administrator (find it in the start menu, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator")
- enter msiexec /u guidanceautomationextensions.msi
- enter misexec /i guidanceautomationtoolkit.msi (next install all software factories again)
- Congratulations, no more error
I found this out the hard way. When will I learn to ALWAYS do installs on vista as an administrator?