Posted by: Sue Loh
So why am I responding to Mike tagging me? I don’t know. Mike, haven’t you got better things to do during the holidays? Spend your time eating too much like the rest of us. 🙂 For that matter, haven’t I got better things to do right now…? Yeah, but oh well, what the heck.
- I live in Atlanta, Georgia, not in Seattle with the rest of my team. I was in Seattle for 4 years before my husband got a professorship at Georgia Tech. I have been working remotely, from home, for over 3 years now. I like to say that my commute is really tough until I get past the coffee maker.
- I am an “army brat.” My father was in the U.S. army so I moved a lot while I was growing up. I lived in (West) Germany during the early 80s, and as a result the Red Cross won’t let me donate blood for fear of mad cow disease. I lived in Panama during at least a couple of military coups (yeay! no school!), leaving right before the U.S. kicked Manuel Noriega out. I went to high school on a small military base in the middle of nowhere in Utah, where my graduating class was only 39 students. I self-taught myself calculus (when I got to college I learned that I mis-pronounced “integral” and “asymptote”) and programming. I have no answer when people ask me where I’m from; I have still never lived anywhere more than 5 years.
- The main sports I’ve participated in are rowing and ice hockey. I play ice hockey a couple of times a week right now. I love snowboarding when I get a chance, but there’s not much near Atlanta. In my other free time I read a lot of science fiction and fantasy novels, cook, play Xbox (but not online), and hang out with my husband.
- I have survived 3 rollover car accidents with nothing more than a scratch. (I was only driving in 1 of them.) I still drive too fast but I’m a little less aggressive now. I think.
- I listen to music constantly while I work, mostly alternative, but a somewhat eclectic collection I think. If you asked me to pick out my favorite band you wouldn’t know about, I’d say 2 Skinnee J’s. I appreciate everything from Pink Floyd to Rage Against the Machine. My friends make fun of me for singing the guitar and drum instead of the lyrics.
Now I have to decide who to “tag?” I initially was going to decline but I’ll list people and say, “no pressure.” John Spaith. MikeCal. I’d like to know what else Brian Cross does besides WiMo. Sarah Blow. JohnEld.