The Canadian Microsoft Student team is recruiting Microsoft Student Partners for the coming school year, could you be an MSP?
Geek is the new Rockstar!
The Microsoft Student Partner program allows our team to work with students on campus to share the latest Microsoft technology with students at your school. Canada’s really big and there are student doing cool stuff in every province and territory, so we work with students at campuses across the country to help us with events and sharing news
Why become an MSP?
- It’s a great opportunity to connect with the team at Microsoft (we have a number of MSP alumni working at Microsoft)
- You get an MSDN Subscription (that gives you all kinds of free software and benefits above and beyond what you get from DreamSpark)
- You can connect with other Student partners around the world (this isn’t just a Canadian Program, imagine taking a trip to Ivory Coast, Australia, or Paris, and meeting up with a local MSP you met through the program when you arrive!)
- You can apply to join internal MSP programs for opportunities to attend events, or get early access to training and resources
What does an MSP do?
There are lots of ways MSPs can help us, exactly what you do will probably depend a bit on your interests, skills and passions. Here’s a few ways you might help us out this year.
- Let students on your campus know about the free software they can get from DreamSpark with events or social media
- Build apps or help others build apps
- Let us know about cool apps built by students at your school
- Help us out with Microsoft events at your school or in your city
- Let students at your school know about the Imagine Cup
Why apply right away? Can’t I just do it in September?
We have an early bird special!! We send out a welcome kit to all our MSPs to help them prepare for the year, we have a few extra goodies for the MSPs who are on board before August 9, 2013 (that means apply by August 1st so we can interview you and make sure you will be a good candidate for the program in time for the earlybird bonus)
If you miss the August 1st deadline, you can apply at any time during the year, we generally interview potential candidates in August, December, and May. That makes it easier for us to co-ordinate training and getting new MSPs up-to-speed.
How do I apply?
Two simple steps
- Fill out the application form at www.MicrosoftStudentPartners.com make sure you choose Canada as the country!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org after you submit your application so we know you have submitted an application (we’ve had a couple of applications accidentally we missed because they were sent to the wrong country 😉