Always wanted to build a game but thought it was too hard?
Having beautiful art assets gives your game a much more polished look and feel and makes the game more appealing to your players.
Sometimes you find a few royalty free assets you can re-use on various websites, but we decided to try and help you by providing some themed art assets you can use for your games. No strings attached!
The art pack contains character sprite sheets, special effects and objects you can use in your game.
This week let’s check out the assets in the Fantasy pack.
Characters include a wizard, elf, dragon, ogres, and more.
Special Effects include explosions, fireballs, and lightning
Objects include weapons, shields, money, and more.
You should also download the background assets collection to find a suitable backdrop for your game as well. The pack includes a suggested fantasy background scene.
Inside the background art pack you will also find environmental assets like trees, bushes, rocks, and more.
You can find more art asset packs at http://wootstudio.ca/win8platstarter
Now you have the assets, how do you build your game?
For help with Windows Phone check out
- How to create your first XNA game for Windows Phone at dev.windowsphone.com
- Games for Windows Phone at dev.windowsphone.com
- Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start at Microsoft VIrtual Academy
- Getting Started Guide for Windows Phone developers
For help with Windows 8 check out
- Developing Games at dev.windows.com
- Platformer game starter kit at wootstudio.ca
- Getting Started Guide for Windows 8 developers
- HTML5 Pong Game template at GoDevMental
If you build something cool, tell us about it!
Are you a student?
If you are a student, you don’t have to settle for the Express version of Visual Studio to develop your game! Use the same tools as the professionals by downloading your copy of Visual Studio Professional at DreamSpark! You can download Visual Studio Professional, the Windows Phone SDK, and the Windows 8 SDK all for free! DreamSpark is the student one stop shop for software!