Finally, we can get serious about games! Join us at the Windows 8 Gaming Development Clinics, we’re visiting three cities: Edmonton, Ottawa, and Vancouver. We’ll cover core Windows 8 features, development best practices, and cross-platform guidance for deploying your games.
- Edmonton Gaming Clinic: Sat May 11, 9:00 – 5:00pm
- Vancouver Gaming Workshop and a Yeti: Sun May 26, 10:00 – 4:00 pm
- Ottawa Gaming Clinic part of the Ottawa International game Conference (you do not need to be attending the conference to attend the clinic): Wed May 29 9:00 – 5:00pm
If you can’t be there in person, check out some of the great resources out there to help you get going with game development and have a little fun!
- Platformer Game Starter Kit for Windows 8
- Game Assets for the programmer who doesn’t have much artistic ability, or just has more fun with the code than the art. (Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the game assets.)
- HTML5 Pong Template (The Hello World of Game development to help XNA programmers learn how to build games with HTML5/Canvas and Createjs).
- YetiBowl Game Example
- Building Windows games with Unity
- Game Starter Kit with high score table using Azure