The Developer Movement program which gives Canadian developers points for publishing cool apps to the store has a new challenge!
Until May 10th, for every Windows 8 app you publish
- You get double the points.
- You’ll automatically be entered into a draw for a chance to Win 1 of 5 $500 gift cards.
Let’s do some quick math:
- You get 5000 points for publishing a qualifying Windows 8 app, with the double points you would get 10000 points.
- You get a 5000 point bonus for your first app
- You get 1000 points for registering in Developer Movement
So that works out to 16000 points when you publish your first app, so with one app you could get a
- Xbox 360 Kinect
- Seagate 2TB Hard Drive
- Sony 3D Blu-Ray Disc player
- 10 Rubik’s Cube Mugs and 3 T-shirts
Publish a 2nd app and you would get another 10000 points. With 26000 points you can get
- Samsung 21.5” LED monitor
- 6 Star Wars LightSaber Umbrellas and 2 Shaker Blender bottles
If you were on the fence about whether to build that app idea that’s been buzzing around your head, or finishing up and publishing that app sitting unfinished on your laptop, this is a pretty nice motivation to get coding.