This week’s template allows you to take a website build using WordPress.org and turn it into a Windows 8 store app
If you missed any other templates of the week, you can find them here.
This week’s template was created to make it easy for a WordPress.org user (not wordpress.com) to quickly create a Windows 8 store app to showcase the content on a WordPress site.
- Windows 8
- View your blog posts by category
- View recent blog posts
- View your pages
- View and post comments
- Bookmark favourite posts
Windows 8 features
- See post information in the live tile for the application
- Use the Search charm to find content
- Use the Share charm to share a favourite post
- ideaNotion has developed a quick start guide to help you use the template
Where can I find it?
The template is posted on CodePlex.
A quick disclaimer
These templates are not Microsoft templates, they are open source and should be treated as such. They may contain bugs and code quality will vary. Nonetheless can be a useful tool when you are trying to learn how to build an app, and they can be a useful starting point for more complicated apps that follow a similar structure or require similar functionality.