Did you know Microsoft provides free courseware for professors and instructors?
The Faculty Connection is a website that provides free courseware and resources for instructors of all levels.
Here are some of the most popular recent downloads
- Designing for Modern UI – Designing for the Windows 8 platform
- App Development for Modern UI – learn to create Windows 8 apps
- Windows Phone Programming in C# (Windows Phone Version 7.5) – a ten chapter textbook with labs, demos and step by step instructions on how to create Windows Phone applications
- App Development for Modern Devices – network aware software, interfaces for touch devices and other modern day interactions such as Kinect, augmented reality
- Windows Operating System Internals Curriculum Resource Kit (CRK) – learn the internals of operating systems
- Introduction to Web Design Using Microsoft® Expression® Studio 4 – slides, demos, exercises, exams on creating web pages with Expression Studio
- C# Mini Course – workshops, video files, project book, and slides for a brief introduction to programming in C#
- ProjectOZ – an operating systems project environment that uses the native kernel interfaces of Windows to provide simple abstractions of the CPU, MMU, trap mechanism and physical memory that can be used to perform experiments in OS principles.
You can get free software too!
- teaching a course that uses the cloud, you can also apply for free 5 month Azure passes for your students that do not require credit cards.
- Your school and student can get free software through the DreamSpark program (formerly called MSDN-AA)
- Technical programs such as web design, computer science, or information management may qualify for additional software downloads with a DreamSpark Premium subscription.
Anyone can browse the content on the faculty connection website, but to download the content you must register and provide proof that you are an instructor, teacher, or professor. You can also reach out to your local technical evangelist to get a promotion code to simplify registration.