Last year Canadian students showed off amazing creativity in the 2012 Imagine Cup, and team Greeni from George Brown College travelled to Australia to represent Canada at the worldwide finals.
This year, the Imagine Cup Canadian finals will feature the following three categories:
- Innovation – build something innovative you think has business potential
- Games – build a cool game
- World Citizenship – build something to help others
We will select one winner in each of the three categories. Each of the three finalist teams will receive:
- A Windows 8 device (tablet or phone) for each team member, including the team mentor.
- March 15, 2013 23:59:59 GMT – deadline for registration
- March 23, 2013 Midnight – deadline for submitting your entry (I am not sure of the time zone, I’ll find out and update)
From the three finalists, one overall winning entry will be selected by the judges to travel to St. Petersburg, Russia (at our expense) to participate in the worldwide finals. The school at which they are registered will be awarded Windows 8 devices worth up to $1500.00 CDN. First, second, and third place at the worldwide finals will win $50,000 USD, $10,000 USD, and $5,000 USD respectively!
Winning is a big deal, but we also want to encourage greater overall participation, that’s why the Canadian school with the most registrations for entry will be awarded Windows 8 devices worth up to $1500.00 CDN and Windows Phone devices worth up to $1500.00 CDN
Find a team (1-4 people) and consider getting a mentor (maybe a prof) to help you out and show us what you can do with Microsoft technologies such as Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox, and Kinect!
Got a cool app idea but not sure it fits into one of these categories, you can enter as an individual in the Windows 8 challenge, Windows Phone Challenge, or Windows Azure Challenge.
Last year we saw amazing work by teams from Carleton University, McGill, UBC, and George Brown at the Canadian finals. We know you have amazing ideas. This is the time to bring them to life! Register today! All dreams welcome!