Let’s clear up some confusion that arose when the new Dreamspark launched over how students sign up for the free App Hub account and save the $99 fee.
Where do I go to download software?
This has not changed, though the page looks different. Visit www.dreamspark.com to sign up for Dreamspark and download software
Do I have to use a Windows Live ID for my email address?
Dreamspark does not require you to sign up using a Windows Live ID, but, App Hub does require a Windows Live ID. So if you are going to publish a phone app the answer is Yes.
How do I save the $99 and get my free App Hub student account?
- Open a browser and navigate to App Hub
- Select “Join Now” on the right side of the page.
- Sign in with your Windows Live ID, or if you do not have one yet, please follow the steps to create one.
- Select your Country from the drop down list, select “Student” as your account type, and review the Terms and Conditions. Click “Next” after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- You will be asked to verify your student status. Click the link that says “Continue to DreamSpark to verify your student status.”
- You will be redirected to the DreamSpark website. Follow the steps to verify your student status.
- Upon successfully verifying your student status you will be redirected back to the App Hub registration process.
- Complete the registration form and begin uploading applications, don’t forget to register for the Developer Movement to get great rewards for your apps (deadline May 20,2012)