Are you a social media geek and a gaming freak? If so, then it’s time you create your own social game in the cloud with Azure.
To make it easier for you to get started, the Windows Azure team has a treat for you. The Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games includes everything you need to create your own game. The toolkit includes libraries, tools, samples, specific services and code to handle capabilities unique to games. Sample capabilities also include storing user profiles, maintaining leader boards, in-app purchasing, and more.
Want to see what you can create with this toolkit? Check out Tankster.
Tankster is an HTML5 game that includes reusable service-side code and documentation. Its features include social interactions such as messaging, wall posts, and comments. Of course no competitive game is complete without a way of storing players’ achievements. So needless to say, Tankster includes player achievements and game stats on a live leaderboard that gamers can show off.
To learn more about the toolkit, take a look at the following resources:
- Windows Azure Team Blog: Build Your Next Game with the Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games
- WA.com: Social Gaming on Windows Azure
- Channel 9: Social Gaming on Windows Azure
- Venture Beat: Microsoft Tailors [Windows] Azure Cloud Services to Social Game Developers
- Mary Jo: Microsoft delivers early build of Windows Azure toolkit for social-game developers
- CodePlex: Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Gaming
- Tankster: http://www.tankster.net/