Passionate about technology? Love learning about new tools? Want to build a relationship with Microsoft and take the first step into the IT industry? Sounds like you need to consider becoming a Microsoft Student Partner!
Microsoft Student Partners, or MSPs, are students who are enthusiastic about the latest and greatest tools and technologies and are passionate about sharing their excitement with their peers. If you’re familiar with the MVP program, then think of MSPs as MVPs of academia. If you’re not familiar with the MVP program, then simply think of them as campus rock stars!
MSPs must posses a range of abilities ranging from excellent time management to superb organizational skills. Communication skills are considered especially important to ensure that MSPs can host successful campus events and spread their knowledge and excitement to their peers. They should have a good relationship with their faculty and must have the backing of at least one faculty member who would be willing to support their initiatives. Additionally, students who are selected for the position of an MSP must sociable, friendly and approachable individuals who like to meet new people.
The MSP program is rewarding not only through engagement and support but also through perks and benefits. These include:
- Exposure and recognition on campus with faculty and students.
- An MSDN Subscription granting access to tens of thousands of dollars worth of Microsoft software.
- Access to numerous benefits including reference materials, training, and privileged information about future job opportunities.
- Direct interaction with Microsoft professionals and their partners.
- A letter of recognition for the participation in the program.
- Additional swag and opportunities exclusive to MSPs only.
Microsoft Canada is continuously looking for students to participate in the MSP program. If you think you have what it takes to take the privileged status of an MSP on your campus, grab and fill out the MSP application. Be sure to email it to me as soon as possible! Summer may be in full gear, but don’t delay, as we select only one top-notch student from each university/college to represent their campus.
If you have any questions, be sure to ask me, a former MSP.