If you’re a developer who has experience with .NET, Silverlight or XNA, you already have the core skills necessary to start writing a Windows Phone 7 application or game.
Since the Windows Phone 7 application platform is Silverlight-based, most articles or information about writing a great Silverlight application is also relevant to the phone. The same is true for XNA articles and information for building games.
Below are some Windows Phone 7 specific links to help get you started:
- Building a Twitter client for Windows Phone 7 – An introductory tutorial I wrote a few months ago
- Jump Start Training – 12 free Windows Phone 7 JumpStart Training Videos on Channel9
- Windows Phone Development documentation on MSDN – Windows Phone 7 documentation home
- Programming Guide for Windows Phone 7 – Windows Phone 7 Specific Topics
- Windows Phone 7 Forum – Windows Phone 7 Help Forum
- Silverlight for Windows Phone 7 Forum – Help Forum on using Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Optimizing Silverlight Applications for Windows Phone 7 – Great whitepaper written by the Silverlight team, with examples, detailing how to make your application perform fast and smooth.
- Windows Phone 7 UI Guidelines and Templates – Good whitepaper and UI resources