MICROSOFT CANADA INC.
“Learn Machine Learning” Contest
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any potential participant who is an employee or contingent staff of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. (“Microsoft”), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled (whether related or not) is ineligible to participate in the contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or common-law partner (regardless of where they live). In addition, Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
- The contest will run from March 7, 2016 to April 14th, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligible participants may obtain one (1) entry into the contest draw by any one of the following means:
- View the two videos on Machine learning located at: (https://aka.ms/mlch9, https://aka.ms/mlmva) and then fully complete and submit the questionnaire by the contest close date. The questionnaire can be downloaded from https://aka.ms/mlform and must be submitted by to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line must include “Learn Machine Learning”.
- By obtaining a contest entry form by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Attention: Daniela Mosos, DX
and completing and returning the entry form.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per method of entry during the Contest Period. Mail-in entry forms will not be distributed after the close of the contest on April 14, 2016, and must be received by April 20, 2016. One entry per outer-stamped envelop with sufficient postage to effect delivery. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Microsoft takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries.
Ten (10) winners will be selected by random draw to be held at April 21 on 3 pm EST The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd. Mississauga, ON, L5N 8L9
- The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The selected participant will be notified by email (using the email via which the entry form was submitted) within thirty (30) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by telephone within ten (10) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- There are ten (10) prizes available to be won, consisting of one tablet, Model HP Pro Tablet 408 G1, (approximate retail value of $399) and nine t-shirts (approximate retail value $20). The prizes will be couriered to the winner’s within 4 weeks of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above with prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and decisions of Microsoft which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consent to the use of winner’s name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- The personal information collected in connection with the administration of this contest will be managed in accordance with Microsoft’s privacy statement which is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839.
- Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, defective or altered entries; (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to entrants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.