MICROSOFT CANADA iNC.
Canadian Students in the cloud 2016 summer Contest
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence at the time of entry, and be currently enrolled as a student at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution. Any potential participant who is an employee or contingent staff of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. (“Microsoft”), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled (whether related or not) is ineligible to participate in the contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or common law partner (regardless of where they live). In addition, Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
- The contest will run from Wednesday, June 1, 2016 to Thursday, June 30, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligible participants may obtain one (1) entry into the contest draw by any one of the following means:
During the Contest Period go to http://aka.ms/CanStudentsInTheCloud and watch the videos where we show you how to activate your Azure Websites account.
Set up your own Azure Website, add a single page showcasing something you’re passionate about, such as a college project or hobby. Your website content must be your own original work; and you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent. Your website cannot contain content that is racist, sexist, homophobic, profane, infringing, obscene, crude, indecent, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate as determined by Microsoft. We reserve the right to disqualify or reject your entry.
On or before the contest close date, tweet us @cdndevs with a link to your azurewebsites.net page using the #CDNAzureContest or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Students in the Cloud 2016 Contest” in the subject line.
After sharing, provided you meet all contest requirements, you will be entered into the draw. One entry per student.
(a) By obtaining a contest entry form by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Attention: Neal Skelton
and completing and returning the entry form.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per method of entry during the Contest Period.
Mail-in entry forms will not be distributed after the close of the contest on June 30, 2016 and must be received by Thursday, July 7, 2016. One entry per outer-stamped envelope with sufficient postage to effect delivery. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Microsoft takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries.
- Three (3) winners will be selected by random draw to be held at 3 PM (ET) on Friday, July 8, 2016. The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The selected participants will be contacted directly either through Twitter, email or telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached within thirty (30) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- There are three (3) prizes available to be won, consisting of one (1) Xbox One Prize (approximate retail value of $500 CDN), one (1) Microsoft Desktop Package (approximate retail value of $100 CDN)and one (1) Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (approximate retail value of $80 CDN). The prizes will be couriered to the Canadian address provided by the winner within 3 weeks of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above with prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and decisions of Microsoft which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consent to the use of winner’s name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- The personal information collected in connection with the administration of this contest will be managed in accordance with Microsoft’s privacy statement which is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839.
- Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, defective or altered entries; (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to entrants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
(C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.