The 2015 Imagine Cup is here! Students in Canada and around the world can test their coding chops in the Code Hunt, pitch a great idea, design the ultimate user experience, or go big and develop their great software ideas to win money or even a trip to the world wide finals at Microsoft headquarters in Seattle, Washington in July 2015.
That’s Team ClaVision from University of Lethbridge jumping for joy because Imagine Cup is back for another amazing year!
Not familiar with Imagine Cup, just check out this video and JUST IMAGINE WHAT WE WILL DO!
This year’s Imagine Cup includes: 3 coding competitions, 3 challenges which do not require any coding, and a monthly coding challenge.
The monthly coding challenge is an individual competition, the other competitions can all be entered with teams of up to 1-4 students and an optional mentor.
To enter any of these competitions register at www.imaginecup.com . I’ll provide more details in the days to come for each category and challenge but here’s a quick overview!
These are the premier competitions in the Imagine Cup. The top teams from around the world in these categories will travel to compete at world finals in July 2015 for $50,000! The deadline for online finals is March 15, 2015 23:59 GMT. If you live in a country hosting national finals you will likely have a different deadline. Most countries will announce details for their national finals sometime in November or December.
- Games – Build a great game!
- Innovation – Got an innovative idea that could change social networking? Music services? does something cool with robotics?
- World Citizenship – Got a passion for helping others? Use software to make the world a betterplace!
Challenges (no coding required)
The top entry in each challenge will win $3000. No coding required. Enter as a way of planning your competition entry, or just enter the challenge on its own.
- Pitch Video – Submit a 3 minute video pitching your great game idea, innovation app idea, or World Citizenship application idea to help others. The top pitch in each category will win $3000. Deadline to enter is Oct 29, 2014 23:59 GMT
- Projcet BluePrint Challenge Got a great idea for a software project? Build a project blueprint describing your users, features, and plan for bringing the idea to market – Deadline to enter is Dec 3, 2014 23:59 GMT
- User Experience – Design the user experience for your great software idea! For a game submit storyboards, for World Citizenship and Innovation, submit a user flow diagram along with other documents to showcase a stunning user experience. Deadline to enter is January 7, 2015 23:59 GMT
Monthly code challenge
Put your coding skills to the test! Enter the Code Hunt Challenge, a real-time programming competition against other student programmers from around the world. First student to get the highest score will receive $1000. Every student who participates will be entered into our Grand prize for a chance to win $5000!
This contest occurs monthly from September 10th 2014 to April 30, 2015. The submission period is on the third weekend of each month over a 48 hour period.
Canada and Imagine Cup
In 2012 Team Greeni from George Brown college represented Canada in Sydney Australia!
In 2013 Team Sano from University of Calgary represented Canada in St Petersburg, Russia and won $10,000
In 2014 Marianopolis college earned an honourable mention in Project BluePrint, University of Manitoba was top 5 in the world in the Office App Challenge, and Team claVision from University of Lethbridge represented Canada in Seattle.
Who will represent Canada at World Finals in Seattle in 2015?