It seems that the term DevOps is gaining steam in IT circles these days. There are good reasons for that. The software tooling market continues to innovate and with it comes offerings that make it easier (and even more importantly, safer) to move software solutions to new environments. Because of this, most people equate DevOps to deployment activities, but this only tells a fraction of the story. DevOps is about a wholistic approach to the software development lifecycle. It’s also about learning from past activities and finding better ways to deliver the right software experience to your users more efficiently.
- Why DevOps as a discipline is or will be important to your application lifecycle
- That DevOps is much more than just about software deployment
- Why learning is such an important component to the DevOps process
- How to get your development and operations teams on board with DevOps and where to start
- The Visual Studio tooling that Microsoft provides to support DevOps
HAVE QUESTIONS FOR PAUL AND JR?
While watching the episode, post your comments below, tweet your question to @cdndevs with the hashtag #breakpointca, post your question on the Microsoft Developer Facebook wall, or start a new conversation in the Canadian Developer Connection group on LinkedIn.
WANT MORE? SET A BREAKPOINT.
Breakpoint is a monthly show hosted by Jonathan Rozenblit and Paul Laberge. The show airs live every last Friday of the month at 12:00 PM ET and features hot topics and demos from the world of Visual Studio. The show is LIVE, so tune in and join the conversation – ask questions and get them answered, and share your thoughts and opinions. Make sure to subscribe to the Canadian Developer Events Hub to get notifications of upcoming episodes.