A few days ago, a position on our team became available.
Do you see those four, beautiful people in the header of this site? They, along with me (unfortunately I am not photogenic enough to be in the header) and some other brutally awesome folks are members of Microsoft Canada’s evangelism team.
I wrote 8 Tips To Become a Microsoft Technical Evangelist on w00t.ms which explained what I thought were characteristics of a good evangelist which were (in no particular order) and what I look for in interview candidates:
- Evangelists speak different languages.
- Evangelists look at technologies holistically.
- Evangelists should understand the world around them.
- Evangelists are not dogmatic.
- Evangelists love demos and code.
- Evangelists tend to be humble.
- Evangelists are sometimes cynical but always optimistic.
- Evangelists love communities.
Would you add anything to this list?
I encourage you to check out the article for more details.
If you are interested in joining our epically Canadian Fight Club, then check out the job description and good luck!