One of the most common request I get, working with ISVs is “How can I gain more visibility in the market?”. I spoke recently to Barry Paquet of Quantum Whisper and the first thing he mentioned was having made 3rd place last year at the Blue Sky Awards. He was also extremely proud of the achievement since he was a BizSpark startup competing against the bigger ISVs.
Well, they are back this year and this is your chance to feature your company and receive the recognition you deserve. You can watch the following video featuring Omnivex, last year first place winners and the benefit they received from it:
Let’s not forget the second place winners iQMetrix either. So check out the following competition details and make sure to sign up:
- All entries must be submitted electronically via the Blue Sky Awards registration page by April 25th 2011, 11:59 p.m. EST
- Entrants must be Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) headquartered in Canada
- Software application must be developed using Microsoft technologies, but is not required to be built exclusively on the Microsoft platform
- Software application can be in market or ready for release to market in 2011
- Written and/or video submissions will be accepted.
- Video submissions can be no longer than 10 minutes and must be uploaded to a video streaming website. A working URL that links to the video must be provided through the submission form
- A panel of judges made up of Microsoft employees, an external industry specialist and a venture capitalist will evaluate the submissions on the basis of their innovative use of Microsoft technologies to solve a problem and marketability of their solutions. The finalists will be selected to send in a more detailed written submission by email in May 2011.
- Entrants must agree to a release form when they submit their application before proceeding to the submission
- For more information, to view submissions and full competition rules, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/canada/bluesky/