(Well, it's two English guys surrounded by tech gear and a psychedelic background. The interior of the TARDIS came to mind.)
The Windows Phone 7 Jump Start is the first of a number of free online courses on WP7 programming led by Microsoft MVPs, and you can jump in right now! Presented by Andy Wigley and Rob Miles, the Jump Start is made up of 12 50-minute videos for a total of ten hours’ worth of training, covering development of both Silverlight- and XNA-based apps as well as advanced topics such as the WP7 application lifecycle, launchers, choosers, isolated storage, taking advantage of the dialer, camera and contacts, and networking. There’s even a section on bringing your app over to the Marketplace. It’s all online, free and ready for you to dive in!
The videos in the course are:
- Building a Silverlight Application, Part 1
- Building a Silverlight Application, Part 2
- Building Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform
- Building XNA Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform, Part 1
- Building XNA Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform, Part 2
- Advanced Application Development, Part 1
- Advanced Application Development, Part 2
- Advanced Application Development, Part 3
- Marketing Your Windows Phone 7 Application
- Working with Media
- Final Silverlight Topics and Wrap-Up
You can watch the videos on their pages (Silverlight required) or download them in WMA, WMV and MP4 formats for offline viewing.