Who’s On This Week?
The Ignite Your Coding live webcast returns this Thursday with Richard Campbell. If you’re from the .NET world, chances are that you’ve heard Richard on .NET Rocks! (the online talk show for .NET developers), on RunAs Radio (the online talk show for IT Professionals) or at his many speaking engagements, including those at TechDays. He’s both a Microsoft Regional Director and Most Valuable Professional thanks to his work supporting the Microsoft developer community. For more than 30 years, he’s been helping major organizations design and build applications: Barnes & Noble, Dow Chemical, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Services, Reuters, Subaru/Isuzu and the U.S. Air Force.
John Bristowe and I will talk with Richard about how he got started in the world of software development, the projects he’s working on and how to deal with issues of scalability and performance. He’s applied that knowledge in building a network appliance that accelerates website performance at the company he co-founded, Strangeloop Networks, and we’ll pick his brain about how to make better, faster, scalable applications.
What’s Ignite Your Coding About?
Ignite Your Coding is a webcast series all about helping you, the software developer. We want to help you find ways to stay on top of the technological, economic and social changes that affect you and your work every day. We contacted some of the biggest thinkers and doers in our field and asked them if they’d like to chat about the industry, how they got started, where they see the opportunities are, how they deal with change and how to be generally awesome. We hope it informs and inspires you!
How Do I Catch the Live Webcast?
- A Windows machine
- Live Meeting (you can get a free version of Live Meeting here), which will let you see visuals, hear the audio and type in questions to ask Richard
- To register for the webcast (it’s free), click here; you’ll get the link for the webcast
- To catch the webcast on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. Eastern / 11:00 a.m. Pacific!
How Do I Get the MP3 Recording of the Webcast?
It’ll be posted on this blog in about a week.
Who’s Coming Up on Ignite Your Coding?
We’ve got some great guests coming up:
- Scott Hanselman, who’ll talk about the State of the .NET Developer
- Jeff Atwood on “Horrors, Overflows and Fake Plastic Rock”
- Robert C. “Uncle Bob” Martin on software craftsmanship