Windows 7 is a very good, versatile operating system that should help Microsoft bury the memory of Vista and make PC users happy.
You can either read his article, or if you prefer, watch his video review:
As I’ve said before, I’ve been working exclusively in Windows 7 since late last year, first with the beta, then the release candidate and now on the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) version. I’ve used it for all sorts of things, such as:
- Development, with Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server, but also Ruby/Rails, PHP and MySQL.
- Writing TPS reports with Microsoft Office
- A lot of blogging using Microsoft Live Writer for creating blog posts and Adobe Fireworks CS3 for the graphics
- Gaming, particularly Far Cry 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and for kicks, good ol’ Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- and some music stuff with FL Studio and Ableton Live
…and they’ve worked quite well, even with the beta version. I’ve talked to people who got their hands on the beta and RC versions and their experience has by and large been the same: it works with the software, and the user experience it provides is quite enjoyable.