What is WebsiteSpark?
If you run or work at a small web design or development firm, WebsiteSpark might be for you! WebsiteSpark is Microsoft’s new global program who goal is to help small web companies succeed.
What Do You Get When You Join WebsiteSpark?
What do you get with WebsiteSpark? I put together a little graphic that explains it pretty quickly:
- Visibility: By being showcased in the WebsiteSpark marketplace as well as through opportunities creating through The Empire’s marketing and business networking programs.
- Support: You’ll get hooked up with an entire ecosystem of Microsoft support, network and hosting partners, and web developers and designers so you have a wide range of technical and business resources.
- Tools: Full-on access to full versions of current Microsoft web tools and technologies, such as the goodies listed below:
What You Get
What It Is
For building rich internet applications that can do multimedia, access data from the web and can also be run on the desktop.
A suite of tools for building websites, user interfaces for Silverlight and desktop applications, making web and application graphics, encoding video and building prototype applications in a hurry.
- 1 user licence for Expression Studio
- Up to 2 user licences for Expression Web
|SQL Server Web Edition
Microsoft’s database platform for data needs of all sizes, from the simplest web form to full-on enterprise applications.
You get a 4-processor licence of SQL Server 2008 Web Edition.
|Windows Server 2008 (and 2008 R2 when it becomes available)
A server that’s both powerful and easy to maintain, featuring the IIS 7 web server and the Web Platform Installer, which makes it easy to install and upgrade popular web applications.
You get a 4-processor licence of Windows Server 2008 (and for 2008 R2 when it comes out).
|Visual Studio Professional
The IDE (integrated development environment) that has it all.
You get up to 3 user licences of Visual Studio Pro.
Are You Eligible to Join WebsiteSpark? Answer These 2 Questions.
If you can answer “yes” to the two questions below, you are!
- Is your company a professional service firm whose primary business is providing Web development and design services for its clients?
- Does your company have 10 or fewer people, including owners and employees?
Once you join WebsiteSpark, there’s a simple obligation: in order to continue participating in WebsiteSpark, you must deploy a new public, internet-accessible website developed using the tools and tech given to you by WebsiteSpark within 6 months of joining.
You can stay in WebsiteSpark for up to 3 years. On the first and second anniversary of your initial enrollment, you must update it – that is, confirm your company hasn’t gone public or its ownership hasn't changed.
I Don’t Have a Fee-For-Service Web Shop, I Have a Startup. Can I Get in on This?
No, but we have a program for you – it’s called BizSpark.
I’m a Student and Have Limited Money, and It’s for Books and Beer. Can I Get in on This?
Dude, we have something just for you! It’s called DreamSpark.
How Do You Find Out More?
The details about the program are at the WebsiteSpark site. Check it out, and if it’s right for you, sign up!