Over the past week, I've been conducting a half-day briefings on how to build great websites on the Microsoft platform. The first stop on the tour was Vancouver (Wednesday, May 14), the second was Mississauga (Tuesday, May 20) and the third was in Montreal (Thursday, May 22).
For those of you that attended one of the two briefings so far, you might remember me saying that the PowerPoint deck we presented could be downloaded from this blog. The deck and resources I spoke of can be found in the links below:
- The PowerPoint 2007 Deck for the Vancouver Briefing can be found here
- The PowerPoint 2007 Deck for the Mississauga Briefing can be found here
- The PowerPoint 2007 Deck for the Montreal Briefing can be found here
- The code and demo script for the Expression Web demos performed at the Mississauga and Montreal stops can be found here (zip format)
- The code for Laurent Duveau's Silverlight 2 demos from the Montreal Briefing can be found on Laurent's blog here
If you have an earlier version of PowerPoint / Microsoft Office (like Office 2003, for example), you can download the Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack here which provides you with a reader that converts Office 2007 files to earlier Office file formats.
For those of you who attended the Vancouver Briefing, you might remember that Morten Rand-Hendriksen, a professional designer based in Vancouver presented the Expression Web session. His session was a great success. For those of you who were not able to attend the Vancouver briefing but are interested in seeing Morten's presentation, you're in luck as he will be presenting it again in the form of a webcast on June 5 at 2PM ET/11AM PT. If this is of interest to you, please click here to register for the event. If you are not able to join us for the live webcast but you are still interested in seeing the presentation, it will be recorded so you can watch it offline.
I'd like to thank our guest speakers who presented in the three stops of the tour. Their presence at these events were a great addition to the briefing! The speakers at these events are as follows:
- Vancouver: Morten Rand-Hendriksen(Professional Designer, Pink and Yellow Media)
- Mississauga: Peter van der Zouwe (Manager, Customer and Partner, Microsoft Canada)
- Montreal: Laurent Duveau (Principal Consultant and Microsoft MVP, RunAt Server Consulting)
At this time I'd also like to thank Jamie Wakeam who co-presented with me at both the Vancouver and Mississauga stops of the tour. He did an awesome job and his presentations on the .NET 3.5 framework for the Web garnered a lot of conversation and discussion.
[UPDATED: Added the link to the Montreal Briefing presentation and the link to Laurent Duveau's blog.]