Last week I conducted a webcast on Windows Live Services. The turnout was fantastic and there was great participation at the end of the webcast. Thanks to those of you who attended!
For those of you who could not attend, you can always watch the webcast on demand here.
In the webcast, I promised you a copy of the deck that I presented. You can find the deck in PowerPoint 2007 format here. If you don't have PowerPoint 2007, you can get the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack that allows you to view these file types here.
In addition, I presented a few demos to show how Windows Live can be integrated into your solutions. Most of them worked, one stubbornly didn't... I took a look at the demo that didn't work (the Windows Live Search Console Demo) and I realized that I was targeting a beta version of the .NET framework (version 3.5) with Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 and that caused the issue. The demo worked perfectly with Visual Studio 2005 so I'm happy to say that the demo works perfectly with that environment.
The demos themselves can be found by following the links below:
- John L. Scott Real Estate Demo
- Code for Demo integrating Virtual Earth in a web page
- Live Search with Silverlight - Tafiti
- Code for the Demo integrating Live Search into a Console Application
- Demo script for the Coding Demos
The two coding demos were taken from code found on MSDN. The articles for these coding demos can be found below:
- MSDN Article for the Virtual Earth in a Web Page Demo
- MSDN Article for the Live Search in a Console Application Demo