Update: You can find copies of the presentations we used at the following URLs:
- Building Better Websites (Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007)
- Developing Web Applications Today (Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007)
If you have any questions about these presentation, please feel free to let us know!
A lot of people who have attended realDevelopment so far, are clamoring for the different resources mentioned in the talk. Here’s a list of the tools and resources mentioned and their link.
- Imagine Cup – Help Canadian students succeed and make a difference by signing up teachers and students on the Imagine Cup website
- Local user group pages – Join user groups to network with your peers and get free technical training
- ASP.NET Starter Kit for Clubs – Download and use the starter kit featured in the tour!
- Ignite your Career webcasts – Get great developer career advice from industry experts
- Code Awards – Nominate yourself, a friend or a team for career recognition and a chance to win great prizes
Session 1 Links:
- Threat Modeling Blog – Download the free Microsoft Threat Analysis and Modeling Tool
- IE Team Blog site – Download the free IE6/IE7 Virtual PC Image. Great resources for Web developers!
- Webxact test page for conformity and accessibility – Test your webpage for accessibility
- PW Speak Web Reader – Download this free screen reader to test the accessibility of your website
- W3C Markup validation service – Test your XHTML to see if it will run in most browsers
- ASP.NET Ajax Toolkit – Add AJAX functionality easily to your website
- XMethods – Find lots of great Web services to use on your website
- Live Services for developers – Use Maps, Search, Authentication, Contacts, Photos and Rich Media to enhance your website!
- Fiddler – Web debugging Proxy – Free tool to examine your asynchronous AJAX traffic
- Nikhil Kothari’s projects – Download great tools to build your Web developer toolkit
Session 2 Links:
- Mohammad Akif’s blog for architects – Sign up for webcasts to help you think like an architect
- Enterprise Library – Use Microsoft application blocks to implement best practices
- Data Access Application Block – Use best practices connecting to databases
- Windows Live ID Web Authentication SDK (new) – Integrate external services such as Live ID with ASP.NET Membership
- Web Application Stress Tool – Download this free tool for testing the performance of your website
- DebugView – Download this free tool to quietly debug and trace your production website