Thanks to everyone who attended my webcast on the Business Data Connector in SharePoint. If you didn’t get a chance to attend it live, the recorded session should be available soon.
If you are interested in how you can leverage the Business Data Connector, here’s a plan to get you started:
- Install Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Determine the the databases that expose the data you wish to surface in SharePoint
- Download BDCMan to create your Application Definition File and upload it to SharePoint using the SharePoint Central Admin web site
- Start using the surfaced data in lists and with Business Data Web Parts
- You can also explore the Application Definition File schema as well as Business Data Connector API’s
In addition, here are a few links you can use to get you going:
Stay tuned! Next Tuesday will feature Jean-Luc David who will deliver a session entitled, "Sharepoint 2007 for ASP.NET developers". Register today!