Many thanks to those of you who attended my webcast presentation on Open XML. If you missed it, don't worry; a recording will be available soon.
In the meantime, I encourage you to start examining Open XML. Here is an action plan for your own research & development:
- Install 2007 Office System; 180-day trial versions available
- Install compatibility packs for Office applications (if necessary)
- Start persisting documents in Open XML file format
- Start envisioning solutions that incorporate Open XML
- Utilize tools available from Open XML Developer Website
I also wanted to provide some resources where you can find more information about Open XML and some of its related tools:
Stay tuned! Next Tuesday will feature Christian Beauclair who will deliver a session entitled, "Extending the User Interface of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint". Register today!