[Announcements] Launch Tour Feedback Gets Results

If there is one message that we have heard from you following each stop of the Windows Vista, 2007 Microsoft Office System, and Exchange Server 2007 Business Value Launch, it is your cry for a copy of the software so that you can play and become familiar with it.  Working in conjunction with the Product Managers, we are happy to say that we can now fulfill your request.  Everyone who attended a Launch 2007 event and submitted a completed evaluation form with their name and address will receive a complimentary Launch 2007 evaluation kit containing

· A downloadable full copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2007

· A Microsoft Office Running Start CD

· Resources and tools for evaluating Windows Vista

· A Microsoft Partner Solution DVD

With the large number of people that attended Launch 2007 events, this process will take some time to roll out so please be patient.  Expect to see your package within the next 2 to 6 weeks.  Don’t forget that you can also download full recordings of each of the Launch 2007 sessions, as well as get links to additional resources by visiting the Launch 2007 post-event page at http://www.microsoft.ca/anewday.

If you have any questions (or just want to provide your feedback) please post a comment on the blog.

1. I hope this also applies to the Montréal leg of the show.  I attended with an employee of mine and we were both disappointed when no copies were given out.

Thank you.

2. adam says:

Nice!

I have to admit a tinge of jealousy when I saw that our American counterparts were getting a free copy of Office.  No longer!

3. Marwan says:

Thanks for the update, but I think it is kind of unfair.

I always submit the evaluation form with my email and name but I don;t put my address…it is unfortuante that I will miss out on the software just becaz of that.

When doing the registation they have the complete profile/address/email (all the required info).

4. Randy Pitcher says:

I was more thatn jealous, I felted ‘taken’ and second class.  I have attended launch events for past few years and enjoyed every one, but most of all enjoyed receiving my own copy of Office and always bought a few more copies for family and friends, but most important, because of the time I had to learn the changes and improvements, made a point of recommending same to all my customers.

I did however, believe that MS would come around and treat us Canadian’s with the same respect as our US cusins.

So, I’ll be looking forward to receiving a my copy of Office 2007 and for the record, I did buy a copy after my trial ran out becase I needed more time to complete eveluation.

5. Xepol says:

I deeply regret that work caused me to miss this. <sigh>

6. Joel Faigan says:

Glad to hear it! I definitely submitted the evaluation (always do) but I don’t remember if I filled in the address portion.

Is there a way to find out if my name is on the list of people to receive the launch pack?

Regards,

Joel.

7. Art Folden says:

I can’t remember if I did the evaluation or not. Is there someplace where I can find out if I did?

8. coldacid says:

I’d honestly be more interested in a free copy of Vista than Office, but I doubt that my poor little computer would survive the upgrade.

But yeah, I’d like to chip in that I was pretty surprised that unlike other launches I’ve attended that copies weren’t given out right at the event, and that nobody knew what was happening with that. Even if there isn’t anything like copies being handed out or distributed afterwards, it’d be really good to at least know what’s happening.

9. Michael Relton says:

Thank you. Classy.

Michael.

10. coldacid says:

By the way, will the packages be arriving by snail mail or e-mail? It’s a pretty dumb question to ask, given that mention of "name and address" above, but I still have to ask, just to be sure.

11. Hello Everyone.

Thanks for all the positive comments. If you did attend and you’re worried about your address or having filled an evaluation, send us an email by using the link at the top of the page with your detailled information so we can respond.

Christian

12. I’d like to provide some answers to the questions above:

André : Yes, all attendees of any stops of the launch tour will receive the kit.

Marwan / Joel / Art : Please email us using the link above with your full address and contact info and we’ll take care of it.

Coldacid : The package will arrive by mail and will contain an id that you’ll then use to download Office from a web site.

Thanks everyone.

Christian

13. One of the great things about attending Microsoft events, especially their launch events, is that you almost invariably walk out of the place with some quality software for free. Back in 2005 when the latest version of Visual Studio was released, attende

14. Terry Jacob says:

Has anyone received their kit yet? I have yet to receive mine. I’m probably over excited waiting for it.lol

15. coldacid says:

I was talking with Christian on Tuesday, actually, and he told me that there was a delay in getting them to send out. But they should be arriving quite shortly now that the delay is out of the way. (Hey, that rhymed.)

16. Terry Jacob says:

Suprisingly the  day after I ask, I receive my kit, comes with a key included an a address to download office. THANKS MS 🙂

17. barron045 says:

Thank you, Microsoft team, for the complimentary Launch 2007 evaluation kit!

Unfortunately, I received yesterday evening only a notice that the parsel was sent back to Microsoft.

Why you are using Canpar for delivery?

This company simply can’t do their job – when I called them the same evening I got a notice, they only informed me that they can’t deliver it.

Please use Canada Post – I could always come to Post Office in the evening, but I can’t wait at home whole day for Canpar delivery.

Thanks!