All systems are go for New England Code Camp 14, a major community event for developers coming to Waltham, MA on October 2nd!
Registration (free), the Call for Speakers, and Call for Contributors are all now open.
New England Code Camp 14
Saturday, October 2nd
8:30 AM – 6 PM+ (and post-event Geek Gathering)
Microsoft, 201 Jones Road, Waltham, MA
New! This Camp, in addition to a variety of technical tracks, an Entrepreneurial Track will be featured, offering a chance to share and learn about the business side of technology.
For social media fans, the tag will be #necc14.
Code Camps (started in 2004 with New England Code Camp 1), are free events, held outside of normal work hours, organized by and for the developer community. They’re a great opportunity to network and to share knowledge without marketing noise getting in the way.
Code Camp has something for every developer – a blend of the technical to the practical, established to new, and beginner to advanced. Check out the Code Camp Manifesto for the guiding principles.
It’s a free event, so register today and join hundreds of fellow developers for a day of sharing, learning, and networking!
Call for Speakers – You!
Code Camp is driven by speakers who volunteer their time and expertise. From first-time presenters to veterans of national conferences, Code Camps are great because we hear from many perspectives – we want to hear yours.
So, have something to share? Submit a session today:
- Sign in to an existing account or create a new one at TheDevCommunity.org site.
- Complete a Speaker Registry profile (if you don’t already have one.)
- Go to the Code Camps home page.
- Next to the CC14 entry, you should see a "Submit a Session" link.
- Submit as many sessions as you’d like.
- Please ensure that you also register as an attendee
Topics are open and sessions are normally scheduled for 75 minutes.
Call for Contributors (Sponsors)
Code Camps rely on contributors to donate giveaways and funding for food to help make the event happen. Needed:
- Morning coffee (and doughnuts are always appreciated, too)
- Giveaways – items to be given out by speakers in sessions
- SWAG – items like pens, pads, and bags – branded or unbranded – it’s all welcome!
You’ll have a highly-targeted audience thanking your company for its support of the developer community, so please let me know if your company is interested in helping to made Code Camp 14 a success.
Special thanks to Patrick Hynds for volunteering to lead the organization of this event, and to Chris Pels for his continuing help with organizing these events!
See you at Code Camp 14!