This week, Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 RC (Release Candidate) became available to everyone for download.
This post is a brief guide to resources to help you quickly get started and learn about what’s new.
- What’s New? Watch a Channel 9 Video with Jason Zander discussing and demonstrating the RC
- What versions are there? Visual Studio 2010 Feature Comparision
- Work with Silverlight? Be sure to read the Silverlight FAQ for the RC by Tim Heuer
- Interested in a “Go Live” release? Read Jeff Beehler’s post
- Migrating from TFS 2010 Beta 2 to the RC? Read this guide via Bryan Krieger’s blog
- Where can I find the RC? Right here
- How do I install? The download pages have guidance, plus there is the Visual Studio 2010 RC Readme and a Download/Install Guide by Charles Sterling
Install Some More
- Interested in F#? Read Don Syme’s post (F# Release & F# Power Pack)
- Interested in Windows Azure? Get the Windows Azure Tools and SDK
- Interested in ASP.NET MVC? See Phil Haack’s post on ASP.NET MVC 2 RC2
- Expression Blend Preview for .NET 4 – An RC update is in the works and will be posted here when ready (click the Service Packs & Previews tab)
- Training Course – Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Course on Channel 9
- Hands-on Labs, Demos, Presentations & More – Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 Training Kit – February Release
- Walkthroughs – Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate Walkthroughs
- (Video) Podcast – 10-4 Series on Channel 9
- Blog – Visual Studio blog
Enjoy, and let me know if you’ve found other useful resources.