(And for those of you in Maine, I’ll be delivering the session on February 19th with the Maine Bytes User Group in Portland.)
Here are some resources from the session along with others I hope you’ll find useful as you explore functional programming and F#.
Slides and Samples
- Slides - Introduction to F#.pptx
- Sample – F Sharp Samples from MSDN Code Gallery
- Contains usage examples, tutorial, solar system (with units of measure), DirectX example, and more
- Sample – Async programming by Luca Bolognese
- Download the F# September 2008 CTP
- F# Developer Center
- Microsoft Research F# Home
- Don Syme’s Blog
- Luke Hoban’s Blog
- hubFS – F# Community Site
- Luca Bolognese’s F# PDC Session
- Don Syme on F#, and part two
- Data Visualization with F# (Luke Hoban)
- What’s New in F#
- “Expert F#”
- “Foundations of F#"
- “F# for Scientists”
- “Real-World Functional Programming: With Examples in F# and C#” – Not yet released
- “F# in a Nutshell” – Not yet released
And, for the curious, a few commercial products written in F#:
I hope you enjoy delving into F#!