If you’re interested in learning more about the what’s coming in the VS 2010/.NET 4.0 wave, check out the "Visual Studio 2010 & .NET 4.0 Training Kit" (November Preview):
The Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 Training Kit includes presentations, hands-on labs, and demos. This content is designed to help you learn how to utilize the Visual Studio 2010 features and a variety of framework technologies including: C# 4.0, Visual Basic 10, F#, Parallel Computing Platform, WCF, WF, WPF, ASP.NET AJAX 4.0, ASP.NET MVC Dynamic Data.
The kit will be expanded and updated periodically as final release approaches, but here’s what the kit currently contains:
- Overview of the .NET Framework 4.0
- Overview of the Visual Studio 2010
- Hands-On Labs:
- Visual Studio 2010: Office Programmability
- Visual Studio 2010: Test Driven Development
- Parallel Extensions: Building Multicore Applications with .NET
- Introduction To Managed Extensibility Framework
- ASP.NET AJAX
- ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Intro To Project "Velocity"
- Intro To F#
To try these labs, you can download a VPC with the CTP of .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 here. (You can also check out Brian Keller’s post on a faster way to download large VPCs.)
BTW, there’s a similar Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 Training Kit as well.
P.S. This is exactly the kind of the stuff you’ll hear about at the MSDN Developer Conference series from December through February!