Another Northeast Roadshow is done! Thanks to all of you who joined us as we visited six venues across the Northeast - we had our largest total audience ever. Your interest and support makes this possible, and keeps us heading back out for more.
Speaking of which, Jim and I are busy planning the Winter Northeast Roadshow. It's shaping up to be in early- to mid-December, so keep an eye on our blogs for announcements and registration (sometime in November.)
Thanks to the gracious support of our hosts throughout the Northeast, especially KnowledgeWave in Vermont, RPI and the Rochester Public Library in New York, and the Riverview Psychiatric Center in Maine!
A special thanks to Brian Johnson, who was able to join us for our visits to Albany and Rochester to give great presentations on Robotics.
Presentations and Other Content
Here are the links to my presentations, stored on (Live's SkyDrive service):
- "Understanding ADO.NET Entity Framework" [code]
- "Exploring Internet Explorer 8"
- "RoboLunch - Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio" [code]
- "Befriending Unit Testing" [code]
Check out Jim's recap post for the resources from the following sessions:
- "ASP.NET Dynamic Data"
- "UI, UX, U Confused?"
- "A RESTed Development"
Finally, here are the resources from each of my sessions:
- Data Platform Home
- EF Query Samples
- EF Mapping Helper
- Julie Lerman’s Book Site
- Entity Framework Design Blog
- Internet Explorer 8 Home
- IE8 Developer Readiness Toolkit
- IE 6, 7, 8 Virtual PC Instances
- MIX '08 Sessions (several on IE8)
"Befriending Unit Testing"
- MSDN: Working with Unit Tests
- “Achieving And Recognizing Testable Software Designs” - Roy Osherove
- “Tame Your Software Dependencies for More Flexible Apps” - James Kovacs
- “IoC Containers and the Dep. Injection Pattern” - Martin Fowler
We'll see you next time!