After my Heroes Happen Here talk in Boston about web development with Visual Studio 2008, I got a few emails from people asking me how I was able to zoom in to areas of my screen during my demos.
There’s a handy and free utility, ZoomIt, originally a SysInternals utility, that’s available on TechNet at:
- Zooming in – CTRL+1
- Use the mouse to move the zoom around.
- Use the up and down arrows to zoom farther in or out.
- Drawing – CTRL+2
- Change colors with “r”, “y”, “o”, “g”, b”.
- Add text with “t”
- Draw shapes with shift, control, and tab keys.
- Press “w” to enter whiteboard or “k” for blackboard mode.
- For when you want to say “Let’s take a 10 minute break”
- Advanced options let you play a sound on expiration and set opacity