Didn't get to go (or went but somehow couldn't be everywhere at once)? All content was recorded and is freely available at:
First, the featured products and tools:
- Silverlight 2 Beta 1 is now available, with a non-commercial Go-Live license
- Deep Zoom Composer CTP (used to create applications like Hard Rock's Memorabilia site)
- Expression Studio 2 Beta - Requires and supports .NET 3.5
- Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008 Preview - supports Silverlight 1.0, 2, and WPF
- Expression Professional Subscription
- For pro designers, it complements the existing MSDN developer subscription
- Silverlight 1.0 for Mobile
- Silverlight Tools Beta 1 for Visual Studio 2008 with support for Silverlight 2 Beta 1
- IIS 7 Media Pack - enhancements for optimizing media and data streaming
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta is now available
- MVC Preview 2 is now available
- Updated ASP.NET Extensions Preview
And the Demos:
- This video of the keynote captures all of the demos
- This post captures the play-by-play essence of the keynote
And finally, to describe the pictures on the right:
- The top one is a picture of a Surface machine to which a picture of our group was sent from a wireless camera and enlarged right on the table. (Left to right - Me, Brian Hitney, Glen Gordon, Joe Stagner, Zain Naboulsi, Rob Bagby.) Very cool.
- My colleague in the southeast, Doug Turnure, gazes longingly at the Surface machine being demoed. Surface, you had us at hello.
- Really, I have no idea who these guys playing Rock Band are, but they were having a great time. There was a pretty impressive setup - wonder if I can replicate it in my basement?
- Finally, though I did eat here and had a nice meal, I'm only including this picture of the David Burke restaurant at the Venetian in honor of the incomparable Vermont-based Dave Burke. Who knew you had a restaurant, Dave?
Hoping I get to go next year!