I wanted to extend my gratitude to David Chappell for visiting our special multi-user group event last night in Waltham. It was an inspiring, informative, and interactive talk, bringing context and an understanding of the importance of world of Software + Services.
David shared his insights, formed through his many years of industry experience, and answered the question "As a technology professional, how will this new world of S+S and SaaS affect me?"
The meeting was very well attended! I didn't count, but it's safe to say we had around 100 people present. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend.
David was kind enough to share further insights over dinner and in our car rides between venues that evening. Particularly intersesting was our discussion of the art of public speaking. Thanks again, David.
I wanted to list the resources from the evening in case you either could not attend or didn't have a chance to jot them down:
- David Chappell's Site
- Well worth a visit, David's site features whitepapers on a variety of topics, each with the same level of approachable insight we observed last night.
- Represented User Groups:
- Beantown .NET User Group
- Boston .NET Architecture Study Group
- Boston .NET User Group
- New England Visual Basic Professionals Group
- Boston User Groups
- Information about area user groups
- Umbrella organization for .NET user groups around the world
I hope you all found the evening equally worthwhile!