Scott Guthrie has just posted the excellent news that everything is now in place for people to access the source code for the .NET Framework!
You can now configure Visual Studio 2008 to step through your code and directly into the source for classes in the following libraries:
- .NET Base Class Libraries (including System, System.CodeDom, System.Collections, System.ComponentModel, System.Diagnostics, System.Drawing, System.Globalization, System.IO, System.Net, System.Reflection, System.Runtime, System.Security, System.Text, System.Threading, etc).
- ASP.NET (System.Web, System.Web.Extensions)
- Windows Forms (System.Windows.Forms)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (System.Windows)
- ADO.NET and XML (System.Data and System.Xml)
The real how-to details are on Shawn Burke’s blog, including the “get me running quickly” and “I want to know even more” versions of the story.