Here’s a chance to take a step back from the technology treadmill and consider your career.
John Bristowe posts that my colleagues with Microsoft Canada are hosting a series of 5 webcasts, not on technology X or Y, but on the fundamentals of being a more effective developer and managing your career.
They have some excellent speakers lined up for the webcasts which run from September 11th through October 9th.
- Becoming a Better Developer – September 11
- Building your Skill Set – September 18
- Discovering your Trusted Resources – September 25
- Becoming your own Boss – October 2
- Creating your Startup Business – October 9
Of course, some tips may be specifically for Canadian-based developers, but I’m sure all developers regardless of technology and location would find these worthwhile.