This is a long-overdue follow-up to my visit with the Cambridge Python Meetup Group. I had a great time speaking with the group about Silverlight, IronPython and dynamic languages.
Here are the resources I showed or that we discussed during the session:
- Home – http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight
- Second Home – http://silverlight.net
- 1.0 and 1.1 Samples (with code) – http://silverlight.net/community/communitygallery.aspx
- “How To” and other Videos – http://silverlight.net/learn/learnvideos.aspx
- Silverlight Airlines – http://silverlight.net/samples/1.1/SilverlightAirlines/Run/default.html
- Silverlight Pad – http://silverlight.net/samples/1.0/Silverlight-Pad/default.html
IronPython and the DLR
- IronPython Home – http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython
- Dynamic Silverlight Samples – http://www.codeplex.com/dynamicsilverlight
- Programming Silverlight with Dynamic Languages – http://www.silverlight.net/QuickStarts/Other/ProgramDlr.aspx
- Dynamic Language Photo Viewer Demo – http://silverlight.net/Samples/1.1/Photo-Viewer/python/default.html
- DLR Console – http://silverlight.net/Samples/1.1/DLR-Console/python/index.htm
- .NET Framework 3.x Home – http://netfx3.com
- Channel 9 – https://channel9.msdn.com
- “Unconference” concept – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference
- BarCamp Manchester – http://barcampmanchester.org
Thanks to the group for being an excellent audience and to Peter Marquez for being a great host!
P.S. For those of you interested in IronPython and dynamic languages, attend our next Roadshow (from 9/10-9/20) where I’ll be spending one of the sessions covering those very topcs!