Though the jury is still out on what controls we’ll see in or alongside Silverlight 1.1 when it’s released, there are a number of reusable controls and libraries emerging to help make development more efficient and familiar to developers used to WinForms and WebForms style programming.
- The Silverlight 1.1 SDK has a set of controls with source code.
- Button, ScrollBar, ScrollViewer, Slider, ListBox
- Ashish Shetty discusses these controls (or at least an earlier version.)
- Netika Tech has GOA WinForms for Silverlight
- Free standard edition, available Professional edition
- Control demos
- Dave Relyea has created a layout framework and controls for 1.1.
- The Silverlight site has some sample 1.0 controls.
- Joe Stegman posted Richard Zadorozny’s “Jelly Samples” along with the 1.0 source.
- Infragistics is working on Silverlight technology as well.
- A preview demo
Of course, if others made the above controls, you can create your own as well:
- “How to: Create Custom Silverlight Controls” on Silverlight.net
- Rob Conery has two good posts on control creation:
- Video: “How to Build a Silverlight Control” (in 1.0)
- “The Basics of a Silverlight Control” by Scott Barnes
- Great background reading in Ian Griffith’s “Silverlight Controls and Objects”